ae1&2 043

Monday, June 14, 2004

story - Dale

When I was belonging to a basketball club in junior high school, I could see a miracle happen. Our team had to win a geme, because we were 3rd grade at that time. If we had lost that geme, we would have had to become a retirement basketball club. If we got a win, we could go to the next stage. Those games were tournament style. However, the opposing team was very strong. They were second place in our city at our last meeting. By the way we were in 7th place. That game day there was a rainstorm. I was a benchwarmer. I did not play basketball well. So, I cheered!

Our team had impetus, although the opposing team did too. When our team got 2 points, the opponents got 2 points too. The score was even all the way. I could not predict which team would get the win. 2 minutes before game ending time, our team was losing by 2 points. But that condition remained until 30 seconds before game-ending time. When we were coming up to the 30-second time, the opponent player shot. That was bad. Because they were winning on time, they had to keep the ball until the ending time. Her shot missed at the goal. My teammate picked up that ball, and she passed it to our captain. I think that the time was 10 seconds before the end ot the game. We did not have much time. The captain passed it to our foward player. Her shoot rate was good, so the captain passed it to her. But she returned the ball to the captain. She did not have the confidence to get 2 points. At five seconds before, we did not have time. The captain could not play 1 on 1. Her defenceman was cheerful. Reluctantly, she shot. It looked more like a throw than a shot. It looked like a pass to the goal. But a miracle happened. This shot like a pass went into the goal. On time, the ending buzzer sounded. This game finished. We were surprised, and pleased so much. And we respected our captain. She was great!!!I think that geme was like a movie or drama. Then our team became 2nd place in our city. Our play times could be longer. I did not forget this ever.

4 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dale! Nice story! -Tom L.

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dale- did you ever consider making a movie out of this game? I think it would be a good movie. It sounds like your captain was a hero! But it would be bad to be the girl who was a good shooter, but afraid! I think she must have felt terrible!

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dale- did you ever consider making a movie out of this game? I think it would be a good movie. It sounds like your captain was a hero! But it would be bad to be the girl who was a good shooter, but afraid! I think she must have felt terrible!

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! Sorry! I posted one comment twice! -Tom L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home